Al-Huda Academy is dedicated to the greatest possible development of all its students. Our mission is to provide quality academic education guided by Islamic morals in a safe and stimulating environment that nurtures a strong Muslim identity, creativity and intellectual development. Working together with the community, we will support and encourage all students to aim for excellence, to think critically and creatively, to take risks while solving problems, and to appreciate and respect other individuals and cultures.
The curriculum emphasizes the acquisition of competencies in core subjects, Arabic language, Islamic Studies and Qur’an memorization plus special subject areas (art, physical education, gardening and more…)
The school provides the foundation that begins our students’ journey towards meeting the graduation outcomes by the end of the elementary stage, as follows:
Recognizing that the 21st Century will demand that our students be self-directed lifelong learners, complex thinkers, problem solvers, and based on the teachings of Prophet Mohammad (Peace be upon him) our students are expected to be collaborative workers, quality producers and community contributors. By the end of 5th Grade Al-Huda Academy graduates should be able to:
1. Speak and write English and Arabic articulately and effectively.
2. Read, understand, and interpret written, verbal and visual materials.
3. Use information systems to qualify and quantify information.
4. Apply mathematical and scientific principles and operations to solve a range of problems.
5. Demonstrate skill in using technology.
6. Read and recite Qur’an while implementing Tajweed (recitation rules).
7. Memorize 5 Juz’s of the Qur’an.
8. Provide evidence of civic responsibility.
9. Analyze the global community from an historical, geographical, political, cultural, and economic point of view.
10. Provide evidence of creative expression and participation in visual or performing arts.
11. Implement a personal plan for physical and mental health.
12. Demonstrate evidence of preparation for higher education or employment.
13. Explain, analyze and offer solutions to environmental issues.
For your reference and review, please find the Parent Guide here: 2022-2023 PK-7 parent handbook